Therapy for Anxiety
Is anxiety taking over your life? Have you had issues with your nerves? Have you experienced panic attacks?
To treat anxiety disorders, medication alone is insufficient. Research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option because it treats more than just symptoms of the problem.
Common symptoms of anxiety include:
- Nervousness, restlessness, or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic, or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Trouble falling/staying asleep
- Obsessions about certain ideas
- Anxiety related to a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past
Therapy, specifically Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), can be used to explore the relationship between your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. Therapy also provides opportunities to develop healthier coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
Even a tree can be strangled by its own roots. If you’ve felt overwhelmed by your anxiety, I invite you to contact me today.